· Scroll is a message.
· Seven Represents God’s timing. God’s perfect number, our Father's perfect message.
· The message has writing on both the front and back, so the message is complete, Revelation 1:1. Everything is being shown to us in its entirety.
· Our Father’s hand is open, meaning He holds nothing back from us. We have the Holy Spirit Who teaches us all things.
2 And I saw a strong angel announcing in a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the scroll? And [who is entitled and deserves and is morally fit] to break its seals?
· The angels message is loud and clear. We are empowered by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the same message: that Jesus is worthy.
3 And no one in heaven or on earth or under the earth [in the realm of the dead, Hades] was able to open the scroll or to take a [single] look at its contents.
4 And I wept audibly and bitterly because no one was found fit to open the scroll or to inspect it.
· Remember what John told us in Revelation 1: that he was controlled by the Holy Spirit, that he was wrapped in His power when all of these things began to be shown to him. What is happening here is the Holy Spirit is giving John a great desire to see the Truth. At this moment John needs to see this scroll opened, because Jesus had just told him that He was going to show him everything that was to come in its entirety. John was empowered by the Holy Spirit to desire to see the perfect will of our Father. The same Holy Spirit dwells within us causing us to desire the Truth as well.
· There are a lot of people in the church that have no desire to read the Revelation of Jesus, beware of them. If a person is truly born again there is a desire in them to know the Truth, because the Truth is what sets us free, John 8:32.