10 They have tails like scorpions, and they have stings, and in their tails lies their ability to hurt men for [the] five months.
- 5 represents in prophecy a judgment cycle. So those who cause people to sin will be allowed to do so for the 3 ½ years.
- Tail in prophecy means degradation, Deuteronomy 28:13; Isaiah 9:15. So these false prophets will bring destruction. Trusting in money, or self, or the world always does bring destruction. Think of how many super rich people are miserable. This is Babylon and this is the end time church of the anti-christ.
11 Over them as king they have the angel of the Abyss (of the bottomless pit). In Hebrew his name is Abaddon [destruction], but in Greek he is called Apollyon [destroyer].
- Satan is their king, even though they will try to pass themselves off as Jesus’. Satan is a liar and a thief.
12 The first woe (calamity) has passed; behold, two others are yet to follow.
13 Then the sixth angel blew [his] trumpet, and from the four horns of the golden altar which stands before God I heard a solitary voice,
- 4 represents everywhere, so during the end times true Christians will be united as never before. A glorious church without spot, wrinkle, or blemish.
- We will be united in Christ with one voice, one Church, one heart, and one mind.
14 Saying to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, Liberate the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.