5 They were not permitted to kill them, but to torment (distress, vex) them for five months; and the pain caused them was like the torture of a scorpion when it stings a person.
- The message will not kill people but the sin which it is trusting in yourself and worldliness will cause people stress and cause them great problems.
- Isn’t that great? The false message will drive people to the Truth. There will be many people who are being set free by the Truth during this time, Revelation 7:9. So as these people see us, they will want it, the lies of satan are never more powerful then the Truth.
- Five represents a time of judgment. The time of judgment for the end times is 3 ½ years.
6 And in those days people will seek death and will not find it; and they will yearn to die, but death evades and flees from them.
- Once again, the anti-christ’s message of lies causes problems, but our Father will not allow people to die from it.
- People will seek what they think is the truth, but our Father will never abandon them. Where sin abounds, our Father’s Grace much more abounds.
7 The locusts resembled horses equipped for battle. On their heads was something like golden crowns. Their faces resembled the faces of people.
- The false prophets, that Jesus said would increase during these days, Matthew 24:5, only have a fake crown of gold. They will look religious but they will not be.
8 They had hair like the hair of women, and their teeth were like lions’ teeth.
- Hair represents people. The anti-christ hair is like a woman. It is like the church, it looks religious, but it is not of the Truth.
- The teeth are like the lions teeth, but they are not the Lion. They are false prophets. They will do people harm, but they will not destroy the people.
9 Their breastplates (scales) resembled breastplates made of iron, and the [whirring] noise made by their wings was like the roar of a vast number of horse-drawn chariots going at full speed into battle.
- The Breastplate of Christ is righteousness, so the false prophets have what seems to be strong righteousness. Just like the Pharisees and Sadducees, but in reality they will be wolves in sheep’s clothing.
- The anti-christ and his false prophets will come on the scene quick and their message will be loud and heard by many. This why we are shown wings and we are told of a roar.
- There is a vast number of horse drawn chariots. There will be a ton of people seeking out the false miracles and false doctrine of the world being preached by the anti-christ. They will be loud and heard by the world. They will be militant in their faith. But their kingdom is built on the sand, Revelation 13:1, so it is never on a solid footing.