Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Philippians 1:7-8


7 It is right and appropriate for me to have this confidence and feel this way about you all, because you have me in your heart and I hold you in my heart as partakers and sharers, one and all with me, of grace (God’s unmerited favor and spiritual blessing). [This is true] both when I am shut up in prison and when I am out in the defense and confirmation of the good news (the Gospel).

Paul did not have a different Grace then those who he was used to serve had and Jesus does not have a different Grace then our Father has given to us. We are all controlled by the glorious power of our Father, just as Jesus is. 

Now to Him Who is able to keep you without stumbling or slipping or falling, and to present [you] unblemished (blameless and faultless) before the presence of His glory in triumphant joy and exultation [with unspeakable, ecstatic delight]-- To the one only God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory (splendor), majesty, might and dominion, and power and authority, before all time and now and forever (unto all the ages of eternity). Amen (so be it). Jude 24-25 

8 For God is my witness how I long for and pursue you all with love, in the tender mercy of Christ Jesus [Himself]!

The reason that we love is because Jesus causes us to love.

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. John 17:26

During the end times the love of many false christians will grow cold. 

And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity, Matthew 24:12

What is really powerful is that we do not have to worry about this at all, because Jesus dwells permanently within us. As sin begins to abound during the last days, our Father’s Grace will much more abound through us towards those who are sining.

But then Law came in, [only] to expand and increase the trespass [making it more apparent and exciting opposition]. But where sin increased and abounded, grace (God’s unmerited favor) has surpassed it and increased the more and superabounded, Romans 5:20

No comments: