Monday, June 02, 2014

Compassion Forgiveness, And Grace


I AM speaking the truth in Christ. I am not lying; my conscience [enlightened and prompted] by the Holy Spirit bearing witness with me. That I have bitter grief and incessant anguish in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed and cut off and banished from Christ for the sake of my brethren and instead of them, my natural kinsmen and my fellow countrymen. Romans 9:1-3
    
Our Father’s Grace is the power that is working in Paul here. The Israelites were fighting and attacking Paul at every step, Acts 23:21. They followed him to every city that he went to contradict what our Father was having him preach, Acts 13:45. The Jews lied about Paul, they imprisoned him, and they they tried repeatedly to kill him. They were relentless in their pursuit to destroy him, yet Paul longed for all of Israel to have what he had in Christ. That is Grace; Grace is always active and alive. Grace allows us to have compassion in the harshest of situations. It actually flourishes when times are the toughest, Romans 5:20. 

This is why I believe that we should be excited about the end times, because as the world is being destroyed, our Father will be using those of us who are still around to intercede in a power and demonstration of the Holy Spirit that few have ever seen.

That He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such things [that she might be holy and faultless]. Ephesians 5:30

And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end. Matthew 24:14

Just look at the power of our Father working here in Paul. It has to be our Father, it is just not in humans to want to be sacrificed for people who want to kill them. 

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength). 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments: