Thursday, June 02, 2005

It Is Impossible For The Saved To Fall Away

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:4-6

How many times have you heard someone preach repentance to backsliders? Or have you ever heard an alter call for backsliders? I have heard it preached, and I have heard that alter call my whole life. Well, according to God’s Word, if someone has truly been saved and falls away, then there is no way for them to come back! A couple of years ago the Holy Ghost really started dealing with me concerning who we are in Christ. He showed me that we have been born again of God’s Incorruptible Seed; He showed me that we are sealed by Him, sealed and preserved until the day of Christ’s return. “And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.” 2 Timothy 4:18 God showed me that all of the principalities and powers that were against us have been destroyed, and that they have been made of a shew of openly at the Cross, and He showed me that Jesus has been triumphant over all of the forces that could cause us to stumble! The Holy Ghost showed me how we have been saved from the power, presence, pleasure, and penalty of sin, and He showed me that it was Jesus shepherding us through this life and that it is God pruning out all that is against us! The Holy Ghost really revealed the Truth to me that we are crucified with Christ, and nevertheless we live; yet it is not us living, but Christ in us that now lives! And the Holy Ghost also showed me and gave me the strength and ability to accept and believe that we just weren’t in fellowship with God, but that we had actually been permitted to be part of God, partakers of His Holy Spirit because of our salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord!

These Truth’s of who we are now in Christ, along with all of the others we have studied so far, now allow me to read this verse through God’s eyes, and I now read this verse and see that it is impossible for us to fall away from God, once we are truly saved and have become partakers of His Holy Spirit! We better hope this is what salvation means, or else one mess up, and there is no coming back! The Holy Ghost made it so simple for me to understand, He had been sharing repeatedly with me all of the verses we have been studying. He had been having me read them and study them over and over gain, and then He simply asked me, if someone could fall away, than wouldn’t that mean that they had fooled God in the first place? Once He asked me that, it just all fell into place! There will be many who will fall away from church and religion, but no one who has actually made Jesus Lord and who have become partakers of God’s Holy Spirit will ever fall away! They can’t, our body that could be affected by sin, or our body that could fall away, the body that could be separated from God, has been destroyed. Our old self has been crucified with Christ, our old sinful self hasn’t been placed in storage, available for future use, it’s been destroyed! We are now part of Jesus’ body. “For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.” Ephesians 5:30 We are members of Jesus’ body and Jesus’ body will never be separated from God, it has been glorified and the only reason He lives, is because God lives within Him, and we are now one with Him!

No comments: