Monday, June 06, 2005

Jesus Has Taken Away All Of Our Sin

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us." 1 John 1:8-10

Let me start right now by confessing to all who will ever read this, that without Jesus Christ in my life, I am nothing but sin! Apart from Christ and without the power and glory of our Father working through me, even the good works that I did, were sinful works! Everything that I ever did before accepting Jesus as Lord was sin! God is not a man that He should lie; I have sinned! And let me also confess that the only reason I have been able to accept Jesus as my Lord and make Him my Savior, is because He first Authored and Finished the faith within me to do so, and it is God’s will that all men be saved! Now here is the awesome part, Jesus has empowered me to confess this and because He has, He has now cleansed me from all unrighteousness! Hallelujah, Jesus has placed Himself within us, and Jesus is the Word of God, and He has made us one with the Word, and through our unity with the Word, we are perfect, and the world will believe and be saved! Jesus doesn’t lie, every last one of our sins has been forgiven us, and we are now clean from all unrighteousness!

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him, and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." 1 John 3:9

Once we were born of God, we no longer could sin, that power that held us captive was destroyed, our old self was crucified with Christ and our body of sin was destroyed, Romans 6:6! God’s Seed, His Incorruptible Seed, now remains within us, 1 Peter 1:23! We don’t stand sovereign in this freedom, it’s not by our own works, it’s completely accomplished by Jesus’ works! It’s the Blood of Jesus that has paid the price for us and Jesus has cleansed us, and it is the indwelling of the Holy Spirit that empowers us! Jesus has cleansed us from all sin!

"And He is the propriation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2

No comments: