Thursday, January 18, 2007

The Importance Of Believing Your A Child Of God

"Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the Sons of God; therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure." 1 John 3:2-3

Let’s study why this hope of being a child of God is so important, “every man that has this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.” Wow, pure as God is pure, and all we have to do is have this hope. But wait, we have to hope, can we do it, do we have the power, this is big stuff, pure as God, can a mere mortal, weakened by the flesh hope for such a thing? Well, I honestly believe that God has never required us to do anything that He is not within us giving us the power to do, so let’s see what the Word says? “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope; through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

Praise God, if we want to be pure like God is pure, all we have to do is have the hope that we are now His children and that when Jesus comes back we will be like Him. No problem, because our Father, through His Holy Spirit, fills us with all joy and peace of believing so that we may abound in hope. And faith is the evidence of things hoped for, so we have the faith to live it, because God has empowered us with all of Himself to abound in hope, so that we may abound in faith. It’s all God. But look, we may have all joy and all peace in believing, that is so awesome, all peace in believing. When God says pure, as He is pure, we may have peace and joy in believing it. I have said this verse in so many churches and they have gotten so made at me. I have been asked to leave, I have been damned, I have been cursed and yelled at, but I have peace in this Truth, the Holy Spirit has given it to me. I know, because God is within me, that this is Truth. God has empowered me with His very Own Spirit and empowered me so I don’t struggle with it, I don’t hesitate at it, it’s just as sure within me as the Sun will rise! Heaven and Earth will pass away, but this Truth, will last forever. And this peace and joy is for every believer, no limitations with any of us!

We are now the children of God, and He has sealed us with His Spirit, and there is nothing that can penetrate that seal, nothing! We didn’t fool God to start with. We aren’t used by satan to fool God into accepting us, so that we can escape back to the world and then use it against Him. God knew us, and He chose us, and we have been born again, not of corruptible seed, but incorruptible!

No comments: