Thursday, January 26, 2012

Romans 7:1


1 DO YOU not know, brethren--for I am speaking to men who are acquainted with the Law--that legal claims have power over a person only for as long as he is alive?
Before we start on this study of Romans 7, I want you to know that this Chapter, far more than any other Chapter in the Bible, has been used by people to try and disprove the Truth of our freedom from sin in Christ. But, as we will see, our Father shows us, with this Chapter, the glorious Truth of our Freedom.  
The very first thing that we are told here is that legal claims only apply to us as long as we are alive. This should bring out of you a great big amen, because our Father has shown us repeatedly through His Word that we are now dead.
Are you ignorant of the fact that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Romans 6:3
For [as far as this world is concerned] you have died, and your [new, real] life is hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3
I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20
There is not a single legal claim that can be laid against us. We have been made free and this Truth is what empowers us to live as our Lord lives. Not just as He lived, but as He lives! We have passed from all judgment and we now have eternal life!
I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, the person whose ears are open to My words [who listens to My message] and believes and trusts in and clings to and relies on Him Who sent Me has (possesses now) eternal life. And he does not come into judgment [does not incur sentence of judgment, will not come under condemnation], but he has already passed over out of death into life. John 5:24
Too many religious people try and bring us into fear of Judgment Day. When the Truth is that we will have been transformed and ruling with Jesus for 1,000 years before Judgment Day ever occurs! For us to be judged on that day would mean that Jesus would have to bring us back to human form, separate Himself from us, and then judge Himself for how He lived through us. 
My next post will be on that we have passed from judgement and that we actual are the judges on Judgment Day. 

No comments: