Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Mark Of The Beast


So that no one will have power to buy or sell unless he bears the stamp (mark, inscription), [that is] the name of the beast or the number of his name. Revelation 13:17

Then another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a mighty voice, Whoever pays homage to the beast and his statue and permits the [beast's] stamp (mark, inscription) to be put on his forehead or on his hand, He too shall [have to] drink of the wine of God's indignation and wrath, poured undiluted into the cup of His anger; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. Revelation 14:9-10

Now if you are anything like me, when I heard of the mark of the beast, 666, I was always freaked out about it. I feared that if we took the mark, we were doomed to hell, and if we didn’t take the mark, we weren’t going to be able to buy or sell anything. When I heard this preached, I would think that not only couldn’t we buy food, clothing, electricity, or gasoline, but we also couldn’t buy little things like toothpaste, paper towels, or toilet paper. I would also think that in all likelihood we would be killed by the ant-christ’s forces for our disobedience. It just wasn’t something that I enjoyed hearing about. I mean I would put on a brave face and say that God will empower us, but inside I was very scared to say the least when I thought about it.

But the Holy Spirit really has been sharing with me over the last several years the glory of the Great Tribulation period for the church. Yes, I did say the glory of it!

Rejoice (celebrate) over her, O heaven! O saints (people of God) and apostles and prophets, because God has executed vengeance for you upon her! Revelation 18:20

According to our Father we should rejoice in the Truth that the evil of this world will be destroyed during this time for our behalf. During the greatest time of tribulation that the world will ever see, we will be empowered by the Holy Spirit to rejoice. I have to be honest, I never really felt like rejoicing over it. Sure we are told that evil will be destroyed, but this is going to be one messed up time, worldly speaking! But the Truth will set us free from false teaching, beliefs, and fears. Over the next several days we are going to study what the Bible teaches us regarding the Truth about the mark of the beast.

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control. 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments: