Friday, March 25, 2005

Why Jesus Allowed Himself To Be Sacrificed

“And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.” John 17:3

“I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which Thou hast given Me; for they are Thine.” John 17:9

“And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.” John 17:10

“And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.” John 17:11

“And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.” John 17:13

“I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.” John 17:15

“Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.” John 17:17

“And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.” John 17:19

“Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;” John 17:20

“That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.” John 17:21

“And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:” John 17:22

“I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.” John 17:23

“And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.” John 17:26

Jesus came and allowed Himself to be sacrificed so that we could have eternal life, so that we could be glorified with His glory, so that we could be sanctified, so that we could be kept by God Himself, so that we could be one with God Himself, so that we could be perfect through Him, so that we could be full of His joy, so that we could know that God loves us just as He loves Jesus, and so that the world could know and believe that Jesus was sent by God and that He alone is Lord! Jesus allowed Himself to be sacrificed so that we might have life and have it more abundantly! Have a great Easter in the power of His might!

No comments: