Tuesday, March 07, 2006

God Meets Our Needs Abundantly

"But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

When God meets our needs, He does it according to His riches and according to His glory, and He does it for us through the power of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The standard that God meets our needs by is so far beyond anything that this world has to offer; God’s minimum is superabundant to man’s abundance. When God fills our cup it runs over, and when He feeds us, He starts with nothing and then when He is done there are baskets full left over. God is a God of superabundance! Our needs are met with far more provision than ever is required. The Truth is God wants us to lack in nothing. Consider Heaven for a moment. Heaven is a perfect place, love, faith, and hope all abound, there is no sickness, no fear, the streets are made of gold, there are mansions, there is absolute abundance, everlasting life, and power, everything is met abundantly! In Heaven God’s power shines so brightly that they don’t even need the Sun, God’s glory lights up the entire place! Now let me ask you a question, is God a respecter of persons? Does our Father favor one person above another? No He doesn’t! Acts 10:34 "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons." So if in Heaven people have all of their needs met, spiritually, soulfully, and physically, why wouldn't we have the same here on the earth? It is same Father providing the abundance in Heaven as is here on the earth. Does God respect people in Heaven more than us? Doesn’t God’s Word proclaim that now is the day of our salvation? According to God, we don’t have to wait to be saved, so we don’t have to wait for our needs to be abundantly met!

You may say that Brad, "there are no people in Heaven, at least not in human bodies." If you believe that there are only spirits there now, shouldn’t our spirits be as abundantly supplied as theirs? But there are more than just spirits in Heaven; there are bodies too. I was preaching once and as I spoke God began to speak to me. It was amazing; Words flowed from me, yet I was totally in another conversation with God. God asked me the very same questions, "Am I a respecter of persons? I said, no. He then asked me about Heaven, is there sickness? Is there hunger? Is there lack? Is there fear? Is there a lack of understanding? Do people get killed? Do people owe money? All of these questions I answered no to. Then God said if my children do not have lack in Heaven, and I am not a respecter of persons, than there should be no lack on the earth for My children! I shouted I see it and A-men, and never skipped a beat in my other sermon, and until I said what had happened, no one knew that God was holding a conversation with me while I was preaching. God allowed me to taste just a little fraction of what He is like and capable of. He talks to millions of us all at once, in individual conversations, and never skips a beat. God had John write in 1 John 4:17 that as He is so are we in this world. I didn’t do anything to do this, it was God within me that was allowing me to preach and have a conversation with Him at the same time. I was really just along for the ride. But God showed me that this is how we all can live 100% of the time. Think of all of the millions of dollars that are spent on preachers traveling, then think of how God is? God is more than capable of allowing us to talk to each other as He does, without ever leaving where we are. If man can make a phone that can conference call, or video conference, God can allow us to talk through our spirits!

Now back to people being in Heaven, there are people, just like us with physical bodies. The Bible speaks of at least two of them, Enoch and Elijah. The Bible teaches that neither tasted death, but both were delivered to Heaven. Scriptural proof: Hebrews 11:5 "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death;" and 2 Kings 2:11 "..there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder, and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into Heaven." Right now in Heaven Enoch and Elijah are not in fear, they do not have sickness, they do not have lack, and they are now in Heaven. God showed me this during that sermon and it was so exciting. God sees our needs as being so far above what we see them as. We tend to think as a need as being the bare minimum; God sees it as His absolute abundance!

No comments: