Thursday, July 13, 2006

What Being The Body Of Christ Means For Others

“For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.” Ephesians 5:30

Let’s go beyond our own personal benefits of being the body of Christ and now lets look at the benefit for those around us. How does Jesus live? “Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Hebrews 7:25 Jesus ever lives to intercede for us; whose body are we? When Jesus was here 2000 years ago, how did He live? He was used by God to cure the sick, raise the dead, feed the masses, turn water to wine, and teach the Truth that sets us free! Jesus showed the people the Father, He gave, and He served. Whose body are we now? “He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself to walk even as He walked.” 1 John 2:6 We should walk like Jesus because we are now alive with Him. How can we walk any other way? “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 We have to walk like Jesus because we have been crucified with Him, and nevertheless we live, yet it is not us who is living, it is Christ within us! Through Christ we are now able to be used by our Father to serve others as Jesus is used to serve others! Jesus is our Head, He is our Lord and Savior, and through the power of the Holy Spirit as our Lord is, so are we in this world!

No comments: