Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Romans 7:14-17



14 We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am a creature of the flesh [carnal, unspiritual], having been sold into slavery under [the control of] sin.
    
15 For I do not understand my own actions [I am baffled, bewildered]. I do not practice or accomplish what I wish, but I do the very thing that I loathe [which my moral instinct condemns].
So many people believe that this flesh is what we are to depend on and place our trust in? Why, when is nothing good in our flesh! We all act like Paul acted, doing what is wrong. Why would anyone want to believe that they must first do anything on their own for our Father to be able to then act in their life’s? Why do people believe that we ever have any part to play on our own, when we are never left alone? We can do nothing without our Lord and Savior Jesus, but amen, we are never without Him, so we will  produce much fruit, John 15:5.
    
16 Now if I do [habitually] what is contrary to my desire, [that means that] I acknowledge and agree that the Law is good (morally excellent) and that I take sides with it.
    
17 However, it is no longer I who do the deed, but the sin [principle] which is at home in me and has possession of me.
The people of Israel called Jesus good and He asked them why they said such a thing? He told them very plainly that His flesh was not good. The flesh of God Himself confessed that He was not good. If there was nothing good in Jesus, then what hope would our flesh have?
And Jesus said to him, Why do you call Me [ essentially and perfectly morally] good? There is no one [ essentially and perfectly morally] good--except God alone. Mark 10:18
As we have studied so often before in these postings: our Father made all flesh to be disobedient. 
For God has consigned (penned up) all men to disobedience, only that He may have mercy on them all [alike]. Romans 11:32
Our Father will not let our flesh ever be successful own its own, or apart from Him. The Truth is that He will never let our flesh do anything on its own, Colossians 1:16. If He did, then He couldn’t provide His mercy to all of us alike. Without Christ our flesh is dead, but with Him it lives and is used by God abundantly. Don’t ever believe that you are on your own, it’s just not the Truth.

No comments: