Monday, February 13, 2012

Romans 7:23-25


23 But I discern in my bodily members [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh] a different law (rule of action) at war against the law of my mind (my reason) and making me a prisoner to the law of sin that dwells in my bodily organs [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh].
    
24 O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death?
    
25 O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart, serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
So often Romans 7 is used to develop a doctrine that imprisons us with the weaknesses of our flesh. When actually the chapter is our Father telling us that we are completely free it. Our Father is telling us that our flesh is absolutely incapable of living right. Romans 7 is our Father telling us that He knows this and that to insure that He will never be without us, He has done away with any and all laws that could ever separate us from Him. He tells us that we have been liberated because of Jesus and that through Christ we are able to look past our flesh. 
Our Father has now quickened, or made alive, our mortal bodies, Ephesians 2:5. We have been crucified with Christ and it is now Christ that lives through us, Galatians 2:20. This is the peace that we have: we have died once and for all to sin, just as Jesus has died once to sin, Romans 6:10. Our flesh is not in the equation any longer, only grace is and grace is all free and it is all undeserved. We can do nothing that allows or hinders our Father from exerting His influence on our souls, we have been made free.
So if the Son liberates you [makes you free men], then you are really and unquestionably free. John 8:36
I am accused all of the time that I tell people that they can do whatever they want. If you have read very many of the postings that our Father empowers me to write, you will see that He never has me tell anyone to go and do whatever they want. It is the people who accuse me of this that seem to be constantly talking about sin. I have just been empowered to tell the people that we are now free from the Law of sin and death, Romans 8:2. I tell people that our best is sin. I also am used to tell people that there are no longer any laws that will ever convict us of sin. This is the Truth that sets us free and when our Father allows us to see His Truth, He will also empower us to actually stop doing the evil things that we know as sin. As long as we try to keep a law or a rule, we will commit sin. This is a foolish thing that confounds the wise, but it is so freeing!  

No comments: