Saturday, February 11, 2012

Romans 7:19-22


19 For I fail to practice the good deeds I desire to do, but the evil deeds that I do not desire to do are what I am [ever] doing.
    
Our flesh has absolutely no abilities to be pleasing to our Father. Our righteousness, our very best, is as filthy rags.  
20 Now if I do what I do not desire to do, it is no longer I doing it [it is not myself that acts], but the sin [principle] which dwells within me [fixed and operating in my soul].
    
The power that sin had over us was the Law, because the Law is what convicted us. But amen the Law is now dead to us, so there is now no condemnation for us, Romans 8:1 There is no rule, law, or ordinance any longer that can convict us of sin. Jesus did away with each and every last one. He nailed them all to the Cross with Him, Colossians 2:14. It's now just all grace, free and undeserved, and given to all men. 
But sin, finding opportunity in the commandment [to express itself], got a hold on me and aroused and stimulated all kinds of forbidden desires (lust, covetousness). For without the Law sin is dead [the sense of it is inactive and a lifeless thing]. Romans 7:8
Likewise, my brethren, you have undergone death as to the Law through the [crucified] body of Christ, so that now you may belong to Another, to Him Who was raised from the dead in order that we may bear fruit for God. Romans 7:4
21 So I find it to be a law (rule of action of my being) that when I want to do what is right and good, evil is ever present with me and I am subject to its insistent demands.


Notice how when Paul wants to do something on his own that he fails. It's a law, so he fails. We now have the mind of Christ and that Mind wants our Father to do it all through us and that brings peace and success. 
    
22 For I endorse and delight in the Law of God in my inmost self [with my new nature].
We haven’t been given a spirit by our Father that wants to sin. We don’t want to lie, steal, murder, cheat, or any other thing. But as long as we believe that there are any laws that will convict us of these things, we will continue to do them. It is only when our Father causes us to have the faith that there is now absolutely no laws that we have to keep, is when we will actually stop doing sinful things. It is only when we are empowered with the Truth that our Father has placed all of the responsibility of our eternity on Jesus, that we will be free. It is only when we are empowered to believe that our Father has placed none of the burden of our eternity on us, that we will actually stop doing bad things. The Truth is that we are dead, yet we live, yet it is not us who live, it is Christ in us that lives, Galatians 2:20. So how can a dead man be responsible for his actions? I know this sounds foolish and the wise will say that without laws we will just go and do whatever we want, but it is the Truth that sets us free. Our Father calls things that are not as though they were and they become what He wants, Romans 4:17. And our Father uses foolish things to confound the wise, 1 Corinthians 1:27.
Jesus is our Head. Jesus is our Shepherd. Jesus is our Vine. He is our Master and He alone is our Lord. Without Jesus we can do nothing, John 15:5. Jesus alone has been given power over all flesh and our Father has glorified Him, so that He can give eternal life to all that He has been given, John 17:2. 

No comments: