Monday, February 11, 2013

Galatians 3:20-24


20 Now a go-between (intermediary) has to do with and implies more than one party [there can be no mediator with just one person]. Yet God is [only] one Person [and He was the sole party in giving that promise to Abraham. But the Law was a contract between two, God and Israel; its validity was dependent on both].
    
21 Is the Law then contrary and opposed to the promises of God? Of course not! For if a Law had been given which could confer [spiritual] life, then righteousness and right standing with God would certainly have come by Law.
    
22 But the Scriptures [picture all mankind as sinners] shut up and imprisoned by sin, so that [the inheritance, blessing] which was promised through faith in Jesus Christ (the Messiah) might be given (released, delivered, and committed) to [all] those who believe [who adhere to and trust in and rely on Him].
    
23 Now before the faith came, we were perpetually guarded under the Law, kept in custody in preparation for the faith that was destined to be revealed (unveiled, disclosed),
    
24 So that the Law served [to us Jews] as our trainer [our guardian, our guide to Christ, to lead us] until Christ [came], that we might be justified (declared righteous, put in right standing with God) by and through faith.

The Ten Commandments had a glorious purpose for the Jews. The Law and the Ten Commandments all pointed towards our need for Christ, and Christ came, so the Law was fulfilled. There is no longer any need for it, Jesus the Author and Finisher of our faith has come. He was victorious and now we are free and liberated from evil and the world. The law of sin and death has passed away for us.

For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death. Romans 8:2

In Christ we now live under the Law of freedom and liberty, which states that all things now work out for our good. Now here is what may come when you preach this to a person who looks towards works and the Law. “So a person can kill someone and rape and steal and it will work out for their good?” The glorious answer is yes it will if they are called and chosen! Absolutely it will, look at Paul life’s.

You have heard of my earlier career and former manner of life in the Jewish religion (Judaism), how I persecuted and abused the church of God furiously and extensively, and [with fanatical zeal did my best] to make havoc of it and destroy it. And [you have heard how] I outstripped many of the men of my own generation among the people of my race in [my advancement in study and observance of the laws of] Judaism, so extremely enthusiastic and zealous I was for the traditions of my ancestors. But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessing), saw fit and was pleased Galatians 1:13-15

Paul killed and destroyed and God saw it fit and was pleased. Paul was called before He was born, our Father was using Paul even when Paul didn’t know he was being used. All things work out for a saved persons good, all things, even before they are born again. The Truth is this as well, all things work out for bad for those who look to the Law, the Ten Commandments, and works.

Not everyone who says to Me, Lord, Lord, will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father Who is in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name? And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]. Matthew 7:21-23

The people who look to the Law and works will tell Jesus: “look at what we did,” and Jesus will say that He never knew them. True believers will always confess, just as Jesus did, “it is the Father within us, Who did His works.”

Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the ( His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power). John 14:10

No comments: