Thursday, February 28, 2013

Galatians 5:11-12


11 But, brethren, if I still preach circumcision [as some accuse me of doing, as necessary to salvation], why am I still suffering persecution? In that case the cross has ceased to be a stumbling block and is made meaningless (done away).
    
12 I wish those who unsettle and confuse you would [go all the way and] cut themselves off!
    
Amen! But the real question for me has always been why does our Father not just drive these people away from us? 

And to keep me from being puffed up and too much elated by the exceeding greatness (preeminence) of these revelations, there was given me a thorn (a splinter) in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to rack and buffet and harass me, to keep me from being excessively exalted. Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me; But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! 2 Corinthians 12:7-9

When our Father enlightens us with the glorious Truth that it is all His power all of the time, which is Christ, controlling our entire lives, then He will allow us to be persecuted by false prophets for it, John 15:20. Our Father allows this so that His love will come through even when we are attacked and the world will see it and desire what He has given us. The world will see our Father’s Grace abounding when it shouldn’t be abounding. They will see our Father’s hope flowing from us when they believe that it shouldn’t be. The world will see us being happy and satisfied even though they think that we shouldn’t and they will want the Grace that we have been given. It will also allow us to know that greater is He that is in us, then we who are in this world, 1 John 4:4. 

Jesus was attacked and yet our Father empowered Him to love. Paul, Peter, John, and Stephen were all attacked and the Holy Spirit caused them to love and serve those who were doing it. The persecution that these men endured caused our Father’s power to show itself complete within them. The Truth shined in the darkness and the Truth is what set’s people free, John 8:32. 

I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one. John 17:15

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Be glad and supremely joyful, for your reward in heaven is great (strong and intense), for in this same way people persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:12

No comments: