Sunday, May 12, 2013

Philippians 4:14-17


14 But it was right and commendable and noble of you to contribute for my needs and to share my difficulties with me.

15 And you Philippians yourselves well know that in the early days of the Gospel ministry, when I left Macedonia, no church (assembly) entered into partnership with me and opened up [a debit and credit] account in giving and receiving except you only.

16 For even in Thessalonica you sent [me contributions] for my needs, not only once but a second time.

17 Not that I seek or am eager for [your] gift, but I do seek and am eager for the fruit which increases to your credit [the harvest of blessing that is accumulating to your account].

These verses show us that it was the Holy Spirit working through Paul. We can see this because Paul was excited about what our Father would do for the Philippians for helping the Gospel be preached. This kind of talk was pretty rare for Paul. I don’t know if it because no one else was helping him, or he just didn’t write about people giving to him. I know that today it’s hard to get an evangelist to not talk about giving them money, but for Paul it was very rare. There are many times though that we do see Paul writing about glorying in others rewards and that type of glorying is the true sign of our Father using a person to serve. 

For what is our hope or happiness or our victor’s wreath of exultant triumph when we stand in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming? Is it not you? you are [indeed] our glory and our joy! 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

There is a blessing when our Father uses us to give to others. Unfortunately false religious wolves know this and prey on the people. However don’t fret about it, our Father let’s this happen because money is not very important. We can look at Jesus and see this; He knowingly placed a thief in charge of His money, John 12:26. We all believe that money will help us, it won’t, our Father’s power is the only thing of any value. Our Father made man from clay, fed thousands with table scarps, turned water into the best wine, and used two men to thwart thousands of armed warriors. Our Father knowingly allows people to prey on our money, because He is causing us to loose all trust in it. Our Father will remove all of us from Babylon, which is the worlds system, before Jesus returns.

I then heard another voice from heaven saying, Come out from her, my people, so that you may not share in her sins, neither participate in her plagues. Revelation 18:4

No comments: