Thursday, October 05, 2006

Have You Been Filled With The Holy Spirit?

And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed you were marked with Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, Who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession-to the praise of His glory. Ephesians 1:13-14 NIV

If you don’t believe these verses, that we are guaranteed eternal salvation, I want you to ask yourself this? When were you filled with the Holy Ghost? If you cannot answer yourself with a specific time and place, a time when you knew beyond any shadow of a doubt that you were, than you need to get with God and ask Him why? I can tell you that for me it was at the Brentonel Church of Christ, when I was eleven years old, with my Aunt Linda, in a cold metal chair beside the baptismal, where they dunked me! My mom reached over, touched my lips, and I was filled!

I had believed in Jesus before that night, but that was the time that I was filled with the Holy Holy Spirit. That is the moment that I realized that I was guaranteed eternity. If you have not had such an experience, if you struggle with what we have discussed, there is no condemnation here, just an honest question to ask yourself, have you been filled with the Holy Spirit? Our Father will reveal to you the answer! I have never met anyone who can tell me of an exact moment when they were, who ever questions their eternity They don't because the confidence has been born into them. They have a guarantee that is directly of God! No wavering, no questioning, it’s just in them! And if it’s not in you, it can be, and it’s God’s will that it is.

Our Father loves us so very much! Our Father wants us to have no questions about who we are in Him and who He is within us. We should not be tossed to and fro and to insure that we are not, our Father has given us Himself to bear witness with our spirits, so that we can be confident and bold in our eternal salvation! Don’t just take my word for it, go and read in the Book of Acts, every time the Holy Spirit came to men, there where no doubts! The baptism of the Holy Spirit brings confidence and boldness, because He bring assurance and He cries out from our hearts that God is our Father. If you are desiring this experience it is only because our Father is causing you to want it and that means that He will absolutely give it!

No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts and draws him and gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day. John 6:44


Father I ask You in Jesus’ Name, that all who read this study will know beyond any shadow of a doubt that they are eternally with You! That they know that they are preserved by You until the Day of Jesus’ return, the Day of Redemption! I thank You Father that they know that they are included in the exact same anointing that You gave to Jesus: which is Christ! I thank You Father that we all come into fellowship, with one heart, one accord, and one mind, as we are used by You to be doers of the Word! You are greater in us than anything that is in the World Father and Your will be done as You use us to do all things through Christ Who strengthens us!

No comments: