Monday, April 11, 2011

There is No Pre-Tribulation Rapture, Part 3

Unlike my other posts, I just want to make some observations about the false theory of a pre-tribulation rapture. This theory teaches us that seven years before Jesus returns that the church is going to be caught up to Heaven to escape the Great Tribulation. This belief really goes against the Truth that the scriptures teach us, that the dead in Christ will rise first, and that the dead in Christ are not raised up until the last day, and only after the last trumpet, the Seventh Trumpet, is sounded. These scriptures alone blow the theory out of the water. (1 Corinthians 15:51, 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17, John 6:44)


But here is what gets me. The theory of a pre-tribulation rapture teaches us that millions of Christians are going to be taken off of this earth and that even though they are, the world will go on in a time of peace and stability for another 3 1/2 years. Then after these 3 1/2 years, after millions of Holy Ghost filled, mature Christians, are taken away, the earth will finally become chaotic only after the anti-christ breaks a treaty with Israel. Really? Your telling me that millions of powerful Holy Ghost lead people are removed from the earth and nothing happens to the stability of society as soon as they are? You want to actually tell me that people go right along as they always have and actually begin to say peace and safety, 1 Thessalonians 5:3?


Just look at what happens now when 10,000 people are killed by a tsunami in Japan. Or 1% of the homeowners in America default on their mortgages. What about when a couple thousand people are killed in Libya? The shock waves of these relatively tiny events are felt around the world. Markets crash, oil prices skyrocket, governments fall, and banking institutions collapse. Now your telling me that the world will go on blissfully unaware when all of the Holy Ghost filled people on earth are taken away in the twinkling of an eye? Our history just doesn’t prove this out. Especially when the theory also states that these Holy Ghost filled Christians are the ones holding back the evil of the anti-christ. The chaos would begin immediately, there is no way that it would take 3 1/2 years to develop.


So my advice is to look at the scriptures for your absolute proof and then also just ask yourself some simple questions about how mankind acts when people are killed or taken away. When you do, you will see clearly that there is no pre-tribulation rapture of the saints. Also you will see that our Father never leaves us or forsakes us and that we are always more than conquerors through Christ Who loves us, even during the Great Tribulation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a super great blog! My rapture view is the same as yours and I am finding many on the web who have changed and now believe the same way that we do, praise the Lord. The point you make here in Part 3 - how impossible it would be after a pretrib rapture for the world to remain the same and not be affected by millions missing - is a point I hadn't heard before and it is very damaging to the pretrib view.
Twenty years ago my wife and I (we are retired) moved to a high elevation in the Rocky Mountains. Because we can't take high elevation any longer, am wondering if you know of any good posttrib (or non-pretrib) churches or pastors in the central part of the country (where we have some loved ones including some unsaved ones). Preferably away from big cities.
Also I am wondering if you are familiar with the writings of Dave MacPherson who as a historian has focused on pretrib rapture history. I have his 300-page book THE RAPTURE PLOT which I bought at Armageddon Books, the best book I've found on the earliest development of it in Britain in the 1800s. His web articles (like "Pretrib Rapture Diehards" and "Pretrib Rapture Dishonesty" are good too - and I guess pretribs view him as their No. 1 enemy!
Your blog is absolutely great and I'm telling others about it. Keep plugging away, Brother!
Jon

Brad said...

Thank you. Unfortunately I do not know of any such churches. But I believe that our Father is going to bring us together and not allow us to forsake the gathering together of like minded believers as the day approaches.

I had not heard of Dave MacPherson, I will look him up. Thanks of the information. I will make a posting of why I believe that the pre-tribulation rapture is so prevalent.

Once again thank you so much, it is always great to hear from brothers and sisters in our Lord.

Brad said...

I went out and read some of Dave Macpherson's writing's today and he seems to take a view as to the authors and beginning's of the doctrine of a pre-tribulation rapture.

Our Father has led me on a far simpler journey of seeing the Truth in His Word. That is why He had me write "There is no pre-tribulation rapture part 1 and 2." All scripture must fit together and when Jesus tells us plainly that the dead in Him cannot be raised until the last day, after the last trumpet, and that those who are alive in Him can in no way precede or have advantage over the dead in Him. It just blows a belief that 7 years before the last day and the last trumpet the living are removed to Heaven to be safely kept.

I was wrong in once believing in a pre-trib rapture. But amen our Father set me free and has given me a great deal of hope in what He is going to do through us during this time in history. I hope that He does the same for all who He directs to read these entries. Be blessed in the power of our Father's might.