Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We Have Predestined Seating In The Kingdom of Heaven

And they said to Him, Grant that we may sit, one at Your right hand and one at [Your] left hand, in Your glory (Your majesty and splendor). But Jesus said to them, You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink or be baptized with the baptism [of affliction] with which I am baptized? And they replied to Him, We are able. And Jesus told them, The cup that I drink you will drink, and you will be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized, But to sit at My right hand or at My left hand is not Mine to give; but [it will be given to those] for whom it is ordained and prepared. Mark 10:37-40

The Holy Spirit clearly tells us that our Father has already ordained and prepared someone to be seated at Jesus’ right hand and at His left hand in His Kingdom. The Spirit just keeps revealing, through scriptures, the glorious Truth that we are predestined to carry out our Father’s will. I don’t know why this would be a problem for anyone to believe? Our Father predestined Jesus to carry out His will, Luke 2:31. Our Father also predestined Paul to carry out His will, Galatians 1:15. Every Christian I have ever met boldly confesses that our Father is in complete control, that He is Omnipotent, and Omniscient. So why freak out that He knew what He was doing and had a plan and a purpose to carry out His will?

For me predestination takes away all of the fear of eternity. Our Father knew who I was and how I was, before I ever was. Even with all of this knowledge, He still chose me and He still had a plan and a purpose for me. I greatly rejoice in the Truth that I have absolutely no ability to override our Father's will. God is my Shepherd, He is my Head, He is my Vine, my Potter, my Lord, and my Master. Jesus purchased me, I am now His possession. That makes Him responsible to keep me and guide me. I do not lead our Father, He leads me. God is not reactive to my abilities, He is proactive in causing me to be who He wants me to be. That just brings me so much peace. And ever since He revealed the Truth to me about the guests at the Wedding Feast, I have no fear whatsoever in the Truth that God knows what He is doing and that He has all of our best interests at heart.

Faith and hope in predestination takes away all of our pride and ego. If our Father gives us one talent or five talents, doesn’t matter. What matters is the Truth that God chooses what He wills and the benefit is glory for all of us. Just as the vine determines when and what fruit that the branch will bare, so does our Father determine the things that are to be in our life's.

No comments: