Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What About Those Who Are Wrong?

I give thanks to Him Who has granted me [the needed] strength and made me able [for this], Christ Jesus our Lord, because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworthy, appointing me to [this stewardship of] the ministry. Though I formerly blasphemed and persecuted and was shamefully and outrageously and aggressively insulting [to Him], nevertheless, I obtained mercy because I had acted out of ignorance in unbelief. 1 Timothy 1:12-13

Over the last month the Lord has led me to share a lot about the falsity of the theory of a pre-tribulation rapture. Over this time He has also had me read what others are writing who believe the same way. So many are extremely angry at those who believe in a pre-tribulation rapture and their writings about these people are fierce. My advice is to cool down, the Lord is our Shepherd, He will not allow His Bride to believe a lie and be damned.

The Holy Spirit reminded me of these verses in 1 Timothy yesterday. We are shown that Paul persecuted christians, blasphemed Jesus, and was aggressively insulting to God. Paul even writes that he was the biggest sinner, 1 Timothy 1:16. Yet, he was doing it out of ignorance and our Father showed him mercy. Paul thought that he knew the Truth. He could quote scriptures and lived in a way that he thought was righteous. But on the road to Damascus he saw the Light and was set free.

You can’t tell me that all of these preachers who are preaching about a pre-tribulation rapture know that there is not one and still preach about it. Many are lovingly sharing what they believe to be true in an attempt to keep the people who the love from missing the rapture. Relax and pray for the Truth to be revealed to them. If they are truly called and chosen they will be shown the Truth that will set them free. If they aren’t called and chosen they will not see it. But either way Jesus is the Shepherd and He will not lose any that our Father has given Him.

And this is the will of Him Who sent Me, that I should not lose any of all that He has given Me, but that I should give new life and raise [them all] up at the last day. John 6:39

No comments: