Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Adam Was Not Stronger Than Jesus

For if because of one man's trespass (lapse, offense) death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God's] overflowing grace (unmerited favor) and the free gift of righteousness [putting them into right standing with Himself] reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One). Romans 5:17

How many people want to talk about the sin that is in this world because of what Adam did? When the glorious Truth is that Jesus came and did something far more powerful than what Adam ever did. Our Father knew that Adam, and man, were weak. He knew that Adam was going to mess up. Our Father always had a plan that included Jesus. Our Father knew that Jesus would come and override what Adam did.

Our Father wanted grace and He came and succeeded in giving us grace. Adam was past tense, Jesus is present and future tense. Our righteousness is all unmerited and it is all a free gift. Too many times we dwell on sin and human weakness, when Jesus came and gave us grace. We can’t earn it and we can’t work for it, it has just been given to us. We are right with our Father now and we now reign as Kings.

Now let me ask you this question, as a King aren’t you going to give the same grace to others that you and I have been given? Through the power of the Holy Spirit we sure are going to give grace. So do you really think that all of these people who haven’t been called and chosen to be a king with us, will have to suffer eternally for their sins when we didn’t? People we are going to give the gift that we have been given, forgiveness apart from our works. Jesus tells us that we are going to sit as judges on Judgement Day, Revelation 20:4. I know that anyone who comes before me is going to receive what I received, freedom from all of their sins. I can boldly and happily tell you that anyone who I am asked to judge will be forgiven. How could I do anything less? Jesus came and saved me from what Adam did and what I did, and praise God, I will freely give the same gift. These people will not be Kings as we are, but they sure are not going to Hell to suffer for eternity. Not when I have been permitted to be a judge. I freely received grace and I will freely give grace!

2 comments:

P.A.T.C. said...

this is not on topic with this post but I have a question, Is the BODY and the BRIDE The same thing or is one the 'Mystery' church of grace filled with believing Jews and Gentiles and the Bride represents the Jews, your thoughts on this? thank you

Brad said...

The Body of Christ and the Bride of Christ are the exact same thing. Other names: called, chosen, saved, children of God, and the elect.

There is no longer any separation between believers. There is not Christian Jews and Christian Gentiles. There is only one Body of believers, we are all one. The Church is the Body and the Body includes all nations, races, tribes, and tongues.

Brad