Monday, June 13, 2011

Salvation: We Can't Lose It

For God's gifts and His call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.] Romans 11:29

The Truth is short and it is sweet, once saved, always saved! Salvation is a gift from our Father, Ephesians 2:8. He choses who receives it and who doesn’t. Many are called, but only a few are chosen to be the Bride, Matthew 20:16. Our Father knows the beginning and He knows the end, nothing catches our Father off guard. He knew us before we ever were, Psalm 139:16.

Our Father knew what we would do right and wrong before He ever created the earth and He still chose us. He still gave us the gift of becoming one with Him. And amen, He never takes it back. There is no such thing as backsliding, to where we lose our salvation. Sure we may mess up. But even in our weakness, even at our worst, our Father is still right here in us. He never leaves us and He never forsakes us, Hebrews 13:5. Not only doesn’t He leave us when we mess up, or take away our salvation, He causes the situation to work out for our good.

We are assured and know that [ God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. Romans 8:28

The Truth causes us to be assured and the Truth sets us free!

4 comments:

P.A.T.C. said...

Hi, love your blog, I have a question. how does one know if they are called, and how do you know whether you are one of the few?
thank you

Brad said...

Thanks for the question. I was eleven when I was filled with the Holy Spirit. At that very moment I felt our Father in me and He caused me to know beyond any shadow of a doubt that I was His child.

It is different for each of us. Our Father knows what it will take for each of us to know, but the one common thing is knowing. It can't be taken from us. For me it was I just felt our Father's presence and He began to talk to me in my spirit. For others I have talked to, it is through trials that He reveals His presence and by bringing them through them they know. Others find the peace of knowing in the Word.

But I would say that we know because our Father won't let us leave Him. We find ourselves continually drawn to Him, regardless of what is happening in our life's.

I hope this answers your question. Once again thanks for letting me know that you enjoy the blog, it means a lot to me.

Brad

P.A.T.C. said...

thank you for your reply, I have another question of sorts.Because I have never felt the presence of God I falter alot because of this and try to leave but seem to be so obsessive about learning more and studying more about God but I never feel satisfied because the more truths I get the more questions I have, a vicious circle.No matter what direction I go I never have the conviction that others seem to have no matter what the religion, I can't seem to commit because I always feel that I am wrong.I am so tired of this see saw toss and turn with every wind of doctrine.I am neither hot or cold and in very danger of being spit out by God, what to do? I try to give up but can't seem to be left alone and come right back .But I am not very successful .

Brad said...

You seem to know a lot of verses, you included them in your comments. You will commit when our Father has you commit, plain and simple. It is the power of the Holy Spirit that allows any of us to truly say yes to Jesus, 1 Corinthians 12:3. I would love to tell you that there is a 3 step program to find peace, but there isn't. Peace has to be given by our Father and He choses the path for each of us to take to find it.

I have never found peace in religion, the churches that I have been in confuse more the enlighten. Our Father had me find peace through His Word and then through sharing it with others. For me there seemed to be a power that came when I would just read the Word and talk about it with others. Not in a church setting, everyone seems to religious then. But just out in real life. I would share what I had seen and faith came that it was real and true. Then peace. Also persecutions came from religious people and yet our Father gave me a greater peace in those attacks. It drove me to the Word and I was shown what was real and what was right.

But this was me. Our Father may have an entirely different path for you. But here is the Truth: He has a path for you. He is your Shepherd. He will do what you need and when you need it. You are not leading Him, He is leading you. He is your Potter. He is your Vine. He is your Father.