Monday, March 10, 2014

Jesus Knows We May Not Have A Lot Of Power


I know your [record of] works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My Word and guarded My message and have not renounced or denied My name. Revelation 3:8
Jesus knows that we don’t have all of the power that we would like to have. When I was growing up I was involved in very charismatic churches. They were the “name it and claim it” kind of churches. The main theme of the services was always we don’t have what God wants us to have because we were falling short in our faith. If we were sick, it was because we didn’t have faith. If we were poor, it was because we didn’t have faith. If we didn’t have anything, it was because we didn’t have the faith. There was always condemnation, while maybe the condemnation wasn’t direct, it was definitely indirectly thrown at us. But our Father had it written that there was now no condemnation for us, Romans 8:1. So for years I had great conflict as to what was wrong with me.
Then our Father had a group that I was in begin to study Revelation and there was Revelation 3:8. It was a glorious verse and it explained my life. I couldn’t leave the Word. No matter what I was doing, I seemed to have only a little power. When our Father showed me this verse, a huge weight was lifted from me. He showed me that I was not alone. He showed me that it was all right and I began to see the Truth that sets us free.
The Truth is that there is a season. Jesus had opened His door to me and no one could shut it. All of the condemnation from religion on my level of faith couldn’t squelch the Word. I wasn’t crazy. I began to see that there is a time for everything and the timing was all up to our Father and not up to us. Peace came and I hope that it comes to you as well. Some of us may have 10 denarii, some of us 5, and some of us only 1. But amen whether our Father has us with many or only a few, He will never allow us to leave or denounce the Word. Which means: He will never allow us to leave or renounce Jesus. And Jesus is the One with all of the power.      

No comments: