Friday, April 01, 2005

The Power of The Blood of Christ

"Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by His own blood He entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh; How much more shall the blood of Christ, Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the Living God?" Hebrews 9:12-14

God's love for us surpasses everything! He willingly, readily, and freely provides for us all of the needed requirements for our eternal fellowship. He has fully equipped us to serve; He has left nothing out! Have you seen through His Word the enormous responsibility that God places on Himself to insure that we are never separated from Him? Religion wants to place all of that burden on us, but God has spoken that He is the One. He is our Father and Jesus is our Shepherd. God has placed His Spirit within us and He will cause us to walk in His ways. He is the One that will teach us all things through His Holy Spirit. He is the one that will meet our needs according to His riches and glory in Christ Jesus. He is the One that will heal us by Jesus’ stripes. We have His mind through Christ, He has given us His angels to protect us, and He can now use us to do all things through Christ Who strengthens us and without Him we can do nothing! It’s all God; He even Authors and Finishes the faith we need to accept these Truths. It’s all God, He accomplished everything needed for us, He provides everything that pertains to our godliness, He is the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and the Omega, the First and He is the Last.

The precious Blood of Christ has obtained our eternal salvation and the Blood of Christ has purged our consciences from dead works so that we may serve the Living God. “I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in One; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.” John 17:23 "For both He that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren." Hebrews 2:11 “For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.” Ephesians 5:30 “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20

Let me ask you this, is the Church really serving God, or do we have a form of godliness but deny the power of Him? I don’t think we are truly serving God, not as a whole we aren’t. Here is why. Jesus teaches us that these signs will follow them that believe. "And He said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these signs shall follow them that believe; In My name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:15-18 As a whole are these signs following the Church? Read in the Book of Acts, our older brothers and sisters were being used by God to do these things!

Jesus teaches us that we should be one. “That they all may be one; as Thou, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me.” John 17:21 Are we one? Look at how many different churches we have, right across the street from each other, towns with less than 500 people have three and four churches, in the Book of Acts God was adding 5000 people a day to one church! I hear all of the time we can agree to disagree, bull; God is not divided! Look at what the Church should be like. “And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.” Acts 2:1 One accord, one mind, the church is not one, we are divided, different doctrines, creeds, and whatever other term you may want to use, but not one. “For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?” 1 Corinthians 1:11-13 Let me ask you what is the first question you are asked when you are saved, what church do you go to? Are you a Baptist, a Lutheran, a Methodist, a whatever, is Christ divided? Are we serving the Living God when denominations all seek their own interpretation?

When I read all of the verses that we have studied I look in the mirror and say no, we are definitely not truly serving the Living God. But I am not hopeless, I actually get excited because I believe God is calling us to be who He has born us to be. I have seen that I cannot do it and that you cannot do it, and even all of us put together cannot do it, but I have seen that He can. I have seen that it is His will, that it is His desire, and that He has provided a way, and that He will cause us to walk in that way! I believe He is calling us to serve Him and that He is giving us the will, the mind, and the heart to serve Him, truly serve Him as Christ serves Him. Not with this false sense of humility that says, yeh but He was Jesus. We have the mind of Christ, we are His body, we have the same Spirit that Jesus has, because we are now one with Him. If all of these things are true, if we are dead and if the only reason we live is because it is Jesus living within us, how could we serve God differently that Jesus serves Him? This excites me to no end, and as I talk to others they also are being directed by God this way. I honestly believe that the glorious church will not be divided, that we will serve God and that we will not have a false consciousness that condemns us, but one that glorifies Him through action, thought, and deed! I believe that through Jesus we will do the works that He did and even greater ones. I believe that through Jesus we will have mature fellowship with God and that through Jesus we will be one and that the world will believe! America will believe, Asia, South America, Central America, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe, I believe we will be one and the world will believe! Jesus prayed it, I don’t think He was wasting His time with just some words, this is God’s will, and thank You Father You have made it ours as well! The Word teaches us all of these things, and we have the Holy Spirit within us teaching them as well. They will be so, argue about them if you want, but God will not be stopped, and what He has spoken will come to pass!

Think about having a purged conscience, one that is fully and completely cleansed and think about being fully pleasing to God in every thought, word, and action. It’s not pie in the sky; it’s ours through the Blood of Christ. It’s who we are, it’s what we have been born of, it’s our inheritance, and in Jesus’ Name it will grow and mature within us, and it will come to pass before He returns, God has spoken it! Jesus loves you and so do I, in Him you will be blessed this day and every day for all of eternity, as He is so are we in this world!

No comments: