Sunday, June 11, 2006

We Are New Creatures Because We Are In Christ

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17

When we were chosen by God and empowered by our Fathers Holy Spirit to make Jesus the Lord of our lives, the Anointing of God came upon us, and everything that was old about us was destroyed by that Anointing and passed away. The Anointing of our Father made us new in Christ, completely new creatures in Christ, our old self was crucified with its passions and lusts and we were united and made to be one with the Living God. Our Father perfected us with unity, so that the world would believe! "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me " Galatians 2:20 God now lives as one with us, as He lives as One with Jesus, and we are now the Temple of the Holy Ghost. Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world. Jesus has given us His glory, and Jesus is now glorified in us and through us. Jesus has made us perfect, created in His image in righteousness and true holiness, and we are now filled with all of His fullness. "For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them also glorified. What shall we say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:29-31 We are new creatures in Christ and all things, all things mind you, are new for us in Him!

We have been perfected by Christ to serve our Father as Jesus serves our Father. We have been perfected by Christ to love as Jesus loves, to witness as Jesus witnesses, to forgive as Jesus forgives, to be powerful as Jesus is powerful, and to have peace as our Lord has peace! What our Head is, so are we as His body. Just as my head is Brad, so are my arms, my legs, my eyes, and my hair. Everything that is part of me is Brad, and everyone that is part of Jesus, is Jesus. We are now strong in the power of His might to be used by God as Jesus was used by God; we are new creatures in Christ made to serve in the full and glorious power of our Fathers might!

No comments: