Monday, June 26, 2006

We Walk In The Holy Spirit

"This I say then, walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

Remember how we have seen in our Father's Word that wherever we find a verse that instructs us to do something, we can find other verses that proclaim that is God within us given us His power, His will, and His ability to accomplish it. Well there is definitely no exception here in Galatians 5! We are told that we are to walk in the Spirit, and if we do, then we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh. So what does our Father have to say about enabling us with Himself to only walk in His Spirit?

First God says, "And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land I gave your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses:" Ezekiel 36:27-28

We are to walk in the Spirit and here we see that our Father has placed His Spirit within us to cause us to walk in His statutes and to keep His judgments! Our Father gave us His Spirit so that we will do what is right and so that He can save us from all of our uncleanness! Our Father is God and we are not alone in our fight to live right. We have the Spirit of the Living God within us causing us to do what is right, so that we will not fulfill the lust of the flesh! We are completely saved from hell and from ourselves because Jesus Christ is our Lord!

Secondly, Christ is now the One living within us. We have been crucified with Him, so we can only walk in the Spirit. “I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, Who loved me, and gave Himself for me.” Galatians 2:20 Our bodies which could sin have been destroyed by the power of Jesus’ perfect Blood. Romans 6:6.“ Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

So many of us want to wrestle with our flesh. But when we are empowered to truly ask God into our lives, even though we were dead in our sins, our Father quickens our mortal bodies. Our Father has put His Spirit within us and He will cause us to walk in His statutes and keep His judgments and do them. We no longer look unto ourselves, we look unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith and the Holy Spirit allows Him to be all that He is within us. Since we are saved, we are now only able to walk in the power of our Fathers Spirit! Because we are now part of and one with God’s body, Jesus Christ. We are one with His flesh and one with His bones. We are one with God!

No comments: