Thursday, May 05, 2016

Ephesians 1:12

So that we who first hoped in Christ [who first put our confidence in Him have been destined and appointed to] live for the praise of His glory! Ephesians 1:12

You and I have been destined, before anything ever was, to bring praise and glory to our Father. Now many people believe that this is a task that we are responsible for. But is that the case?

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father, the hour has come. Glorify and exalt and honor and magnify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify and extol and honor and magnify You. John 17:1

Jesus, the greatest ever to live, didn’t look to Himself to glorify God, so how could we? Jesus needed God to be the One Who brought His glory and that is absolutely the Truth for us as well. Our Father gave Jesus His glory to and Jesus wasn’t stingy with it, because He turned around gave it right to us.

I have given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me, that they may be one [even] as We are one: John 17:22

What I am trying to get at is that we all need to stop looking and taking thought for our success because we can’t help but to be successful. We have become one with Jesus and it is our destiny to be used by God to bring glory to our Jesus. Everything that our Father leads us into, and He leads us into everything, will work out for good. Our Father gave us no responsibility to be sanctified or glorified, He squarely placed all of that burden on Himself. It is solely up to Him to make us who and what He has destined for us to be.  

For both He Who sanctifies [making men holy] and those who are sanctified all have one [Father]. For this reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren; Hebrews 2:11

As long as we falsely believe that we have to attempt to glorify God or that we must do or not do something on our own to be accepted or used by our Father, we will fail. It is only when we are empowered with the Truth, the truth that sets us free, that it all has to be our Father being greater in us, that we will succeed. 

When I was younger and in church I was constantly being told what I must do. I tried like crazy. I fasted, I prayed, I worked, I tithed, I gave, I confessed, I binned, and I was miserable. Salvation was horrible, it was filled with defeat and condemnation. But then our Father took me out of religion and into the Truth. He showed me that it was Him in me and all of a sudden things turned around. I realized that I was no longer doing anything on my own. I realized that God was in me and that He was the power and the glory doing everything and I was now part of it. I wasn’t a robot or a puppet, I realized that I was one with the Alpha and Omega. It is when this Truth came that I truly began to enjoy salvation and have success. My I problem was fixed. 



No comments: