Monday, August 01, 2016

1 Corinthians 1:1

Paul, summoned by the will and purpose of God to be an apostle (special messenger) of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sosthenes, 1 Corinthians 1:1

I was listening to a preacher yesterday who said that many are called, but only a few are chosen. She then went on to say that the reason that more aren’t chosen is because they won’t listen. My answer to that is BULL! We can look at the Bible and see that she is completely wrong. Paul was riding down the road on a donkey and Jesus showed up with all of His glory and knocked Paul off his ride, blinded him, and told him that he had been chosen to preach the Truth. Jonah was chosen and didn’t listen and our Father had him spend three day in a fishes belly. So I think our Father knows how to get our attention if we aren’t listening.

The Truth is that only a few of us have been chosen to be the Bride of Christ, which means that only a few of us have been chosen to serve. The Truth is also that we were chosen to serve before we were ever born, actually we were chosen before the world was even created.

So then [God's gift] is not a question of human will and human effort, but of God's mercy. [It depends not on one's own willingness nor on his strenuous exertion as in running a race, but on God's having mercy on him.] For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, I have raised you up for this very purpose of displaying My power in [dealing with] you, so that My name may be proclaimed the whole world over. So then He has mercy on whomever He wills (chooses) and He hardens (makes stubborn and unyielding the heart of) whomever He wills. Romans 9:16-18

But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessing), saw fit and was pleased To reveal (unveil, disclose) His Son within me so that I might proclaim Him among the Gentiles (the non-Jewish world) as the glad tidings (Gospel), immediately I did not confer with flesh and blood [did not consult or counsel with any frail human being or communicate with anyone]. Galatians 1:15-16

Man's steps are ordered by the Lord. How then can a man understand his way? Proverbs 20:24

Declaring the end and the result from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure and purpose, Isaiah 46:10

So only a few of us have been chosen to serve, but amen, that doesn’t mean that the rest of us are hated by our Father. It just means that the other’s have been chosen to be served. The Bride of Christ serves the guests of the Wedding Feast and if you have been chosen you can rest assured our Father will get His way and order your steps in the paths that He has destined for them to walk in. 


No comments: