Thursday, January 26, 2006

How We Know That We Have Been Saved

“And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32

When I was eleven years old I was baptized with the Holy Ghost. Instantly I was filled with the very Spirit of God. I began to speak in tongues and I was instantly healed. I had a cut on my hand and my jaw would not completely close, but at that very moment both were instantly healed. The great thing about the experience was that it was real. It was not just some poetic words being spoken over me; I was forever changed in one distinct moment. I was born again, not of corruptible seed, but of God’s very Own Incorruptible Seed. The penalty of sin was wiped out for me, and I instantly was accepted and permitted to become one with the Living God! I was forever changed, death had become life for me, old things passed away and all things become new for me. I have since had people tell me things like the Holy Ghost no longer indwells man and that healings have passed away, but I was there, I was filled and I was healed, and no one can ever take it away from me. But I also received God’s Spirit within me, and He has strengthened me to have confidence in His ways. As time passes, if our faith was just based on our own personal experiences, it would fade, but we have Jesus Who now Authors and Finishes our faith, so our faith is now as His faith is, strong and eternal! If you truly desire salvation go and get it, you are having these feelings because God is empowering you to have them. If there is any doubt that you have it, stay until you too have a defining and life changing moment. God is not a respecter of persons, if He gave it to me, if He gave it to Paul, to those in the upper room, and the men of Ephesus, He will give it to you, and you will know beyond any doubt! A man cannot have a fire within his belly and not show the effects thereof! Read about salvation in the Book of Acts, when God truly comes into your life, things change, you don’t just kinda and maybe know you were saved, you know!

You will know that God has chosen you and that He loves you, just as He loves Jesus. “I in them, and Thou in Me, that they may be made perfect in One; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent Me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved Me.” John 17:23 That is probably the greatest Truth that God has given me, and God has to give this Truth to us, no man can, and most people wont even try to preach about it. But when I was saved and filled with the Holy Spirit, I knew right then that God loved me every bit as much as He loved Jesus. I knew that God had not provided things for Jesus that He had not provided for us. I knew that Jesus loved us so much that He wanted us to have everything that He has! God instantly gave me a spirit that knew, He sent Jesus to die for us, so that He would have the ability to provide for us everything that He had provided for Jesus. I have just always known this; God gave it to me long before I had ever studied it in His Word. One thing is for sure; God is not limited in blessing us based on our study habits! Thank you Lord!

Be blessed in who you are, you are a chosen child of the Living God! You have passed from death unto life and you will never, and God said never, come into condemnation, you have heard the Truth, and you live! Jesus is Lord!

No comments: