Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Now Is The Time Of Our Salvation

"For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2

If you have been chosen by our Father and empowered by the Holy Spirit to make Jesus the Lord of your life, then now is the day of your salvation. You don't have to wait until tomorrow, or when you get to Heaven, it wasn't yesterday, but right now. Right now you are saved, this very moment, this is the time of your salvation. That is an awesome Truth and when we realize that we don’t have to wait for our salvation, or earn it over time, there is a godly peace and joy that will totally consume and empower us to be used fully by our Father to further His Kingdom! God’s Truth set’s us free and through His peace that passes all understanding and through His love that passes knowledge, we can enjoy and live completely in this Truth. The Truth is eternal and it is for each one of us who have been empowered to accept Jesus as Lord!

But here is a question that I would like to ask you, and one that our Father asked me several years ago, what does salvation really mean? What does it mean to be saved, and why should someone want our Father's salvation, what good is it? How will possessing salvation affect a person’s life right now, as well as in the future?

When our Father saved me and filled me with His Holy Spirit, I was eleven years old. I didn’t think about salvation, I hadn’t studied about it; and I wasn’t searching for it, it just overtook me and consumed me. I knew in my heart, at that very moment when the Holy Spirit called me, that I wanted it. I was enlightened at that moment to know that God had accepted me and filled me completely with Himself. I have never doubted for one second since then that I am saved either! I wasn’t even at an alter call when God called me and gave me eternal life.

Years later, when I was in my mid-twenties, our Father started directing me to ask people what they thought His salvation meant. Even though He had called me and I had come to Him without asking these questions, our Father really laid it on my heart to ask them of others. He also led me into many people’s lives that did have these questions. Now from my experience the Church seems to assume that the world already knows what salvation really means and that they just haven’t accepted it. I certainly assumed that most people did, at least in the circles that I ran in. But when our Father had me to begin to ask people questions about salvation, they really struggled with definitive answers; God even had me asking preachers what salvation meant. And as I heard the answers, our Father quoted this verse to me, “How shall they call on Him in Whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of Whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher.” Romans 10:14

In my family room, on Havens Corners Road, our Father empowered me to be used by Him to clearly show what His salvation through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ means, and why people should truly want it right now! So, here we go, in the power of God’s might, and through the strength of His Anointing, armed with the Truth of His gospel of peace, with the sword of His Word, and in the power of His Spirit, we are going to study through the next several postings what it means to be saved and why we should want it! And we will repeatedly see in our Father Word that now is the Day of our Salvation and now is our accepted time!

2 comments:

GraceHead said...

Exactly, exactly, exactly.

Those that are still waiting on snow-cones in the sky are going to miss out on the bulk of our inheritance ... made for salvation through this life ... on this side of eternity.

God's goal is not to get miserable people to heaven, but to get Himself from heaven and into otherwise miserable people, to shed abroad His love in their hearts and minister grace through His Spirit in a moment by moment way - setting us free.

Brad said...

A-men brother!