Thursday, January 19, 2006

What Salvation Is: Part III

"For He saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2

If you want to have a great study, find the words salvation and saved in the New Testament and replace them with their complete meanings and then see how powerfully the scripture reads.

For instance put soteria's meanings in 2 Corinthians 6:2. Behold now is the day of preservation, now is the day of deliverance from danger and evil. Behold now is the day of deliverance from the power, pleasure, presence, and penalty of sin. Now is the day of safety and health: now, this day, on this earth we have all of these things through Christ. When you ask someone are they saved, is this what you mean? Is this what you think, is this how you feel, and is this what you desire for others to have? Is this what you actually believe God wants for us, and do you believe that we can actually live with this freedom and power on this earth? My experience is that most Christians don't think of salvation in this way. Hosea 4:6 teaches us that God's people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. Well no more, in Jesus’ Name, no more! We have been given the Holy Ghost to teach us all things! We now have Jesus Who Authors and Finishes our faith, we have the Bible, and we have a Father Who wants us to know everything about Him. We are now new creatures in Christ and old things have passed away! So with the power and strength of the Holy Spirit, salvation will be fully understood and fully realized by all who have been called and who have been empowered to make Jesus their Lord, and the world will see Him fully through us! “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams; And on My servants and on your handmaidens I will pour out in those days of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood and fire, and vapor and smoke.” Acts 2:17-19

2 comments:

GraceHead said...

Picture this ... You are an surrounded by enemies that are mounting an attack upon you and your nation (Israel.) In your distress you call out to the God of your Salvation. ---OK, what do you mean by salvation?

Do you mean that you call out to Him because isn't it going to be swell when you die and you get to goto Abraham's bossom?

no.

Do you mean that you are calling out to the God of your salvation because "salvation" means delivery from your current strife?

Of course.

So, why do people talk about salvation as if the trouble is going to crush then but they get to goto heaven? I want salvation on this side.

I have alot of enemies: my confused mind, my rebellious flesh, my drifting emotions, my faltering will, those around me that are not controlled by the Spirit, demons, satan, iniquity, oppressive government, injustice, etc.

Salvation, to me, has come to be about deliverence from these foes and the trouble that they bring.

Brad said...

How will the people hear the Truth that will set them free unless they hear it preached? I think God is moving through His children to let the Truth be known and all of the religion that has bound the church is going to be destroyed by the Truth.