Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Philippians 2:14-15


14 Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining [against God] and questioning and doubting [among yourselves],

15 That you may show yourselves to be blameless and guileless, innocent and uncontaminated, children of God without blemish (faultless, unrebukable) in the midst of a crooked and wicked generation [spiritually perverted and perverse], among whom you are seen as bright lights (stars or beacons shining out clearly) in the [dark] world,

We loose our jobs, our loved ones die, we are persecuted, and we get sick, these things are just what this world offers. So how can we not grumble and doubt?


Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] Matthew 11:28


Our Father empowered me to know that I was chosen and called when I was eleven years old. I will be honest I still grumbled and complained. You know what is great though, I was never left or forsaken by our Father even though I did. Jesus has caused me to have rest and He has caused me to stop complaining as much. He still is perfecting me and here is how He is doing it in my life.

Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained, or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitably deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap. Galatians 6:7

Without me asking to be, our Father led me into serving those who I could get nothing other then fellowship from. The people that our Father uses me to serve for the most part have no money, they have no worldly influence, and they have no ability to further my career. Before our Father brought me to them I constantly grumbled and complained. So He led me and caused me to sow the Truth to people who the world really doesn’t care for and He caused me to reap peace. 

The world is dark, but there is so much light in it through each other. Peace comes for us when our Father has us care for others more then ourselves. Only our Father can cause this attitude to be in us and He is faithful and trustworthy to do it. The only way that we can do all things without grumbling is when our Father enlightens us and empowers us to take no thought for our own lives, Matthew 6:24-26, as He causes us to take all thought for others. This is the Truth that sets us free. 

No comments: