Monday, April 22, 2013

Philippians 3:10


10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

The Holy Spirit causes us to have the desire and the will to want all of the Truth. Because we have the Holy Spirit within us we want to know everything about our Father and our Kingdom. We do this because the Truth is what sets us free, John 8:32. We also do this because we now have the mind of Christ, 1 Corinthians 2:16. We have been chosen by our Father to have absolutely no limitations on us. As we are freely shown the Truth we freely share the Truth, Matthew 10:8. Our Father uses us to share His Truth just as He used Jesus to share the Truth. Some will accept it, some will deny it, but we are used to freely share it with all, Mark 4:14.

The Holy Spirit will also cause us to want our Father’s power. We have been born again and our new spirit wants to have miracles abound around us, Mark 16. We are born to want healing’s, prophecies, tongues, and interpretations of those tongues. We are born to want the dead to raise, the blind to see, and the deaf to hear. 

Finally in this verse, we are shown that the Holy Spirit gives us a heart that does not mind suffering. He empowers us to know that while we are in this world, we are not of it. Our Father causes us to know that the weaker that our flesh is, the stronger that He is within us.

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may ]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength). 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Amen there is nothing about our Father that we cannot know. There is no power of His that we will not be used to show and the weaker we become the stronger and more powerful we become. 

No comments: