Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Philippians 3:12


12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.

I know that our Father has not yet brought me to where He plans on taking me. I would hazard a guess that He hasn’t gotten you there yet either, but what does it matter? Does our lack of not being there mean that our Father’s will is not being done? Does it mean that Grace is not being administered or that His Love is being withheld? 

But then Law came in, [only] to expand and increase the trespass [making it more apparent and exciting opposition]. But where sin increased and abounded, grace (God’s unmerited favor) has surpassed it and increased the more and superabounded, Romans 5:20

Even if we are not fully mature and are messing up, our Father’s Grace superabounds our shortcomings. This allows us to have peace that passes all understanding. 

And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7

To the world it sounds like foolishness to believe that a person can have their full reward when they have not fully earned it. But for us, we have it, regardless of where we are at in the Lord. 

[No] for God selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is foolish to put the wise to shame, and what the world calls weak to put the strong to shame. 1 Corinthians 1:27

No comments: