Thursday, April 18, 2013

Philippians 3:4-7


4 Though for myself I have [at least grounds] to rely on the flesh. If any other man considers that he has or seems to have reason to rely on the flesh and his physical and outward advantages, I have still more!

5 Circumcised when I was eight days old, of the race of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew [and the son] of Hebrews; as to the observance of the Law I was of [the party of] the Pharisees,

6 As to my zeal, I was a persecutor of the church, and by the Law’s standard of righteousness (supposed justice, uprightness, and right standing with God) I was proven to be blameless and no fault was found with me.

7 But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [one combined] loss for Christ’s sake.

If we think of this in todays terms, we would talk about how someone has a PHD in Divinity. Or that they have been recognized and lead a large church for a large denomination. Today many also glory in completing courses and being certified within our churches. The Holy Spirit has Paul write us that all of this stuff means nothing. 

But as for you, the anointing (the sacred appointment, the unction) which you received from Him abides [permanently] in you; [so] then you have no need that anyone should instruct you. But just as His anointing teaches you concerning everything and is true and is no falsehood, so you must abide in (live in, never depart from) Him [being rooted in Him, knit to Him], just as [His anointing] has taught you [to do]. 1 John 2:27

But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. John 14:26

The Truth for us is that our Father will Himself teach us all things. He will teach us all Truth and He will cause us to act on His behalf in everything. Our Father will use the poor, the weak, the sick, and the uneducated. He will use the rich and successful as well. The way to know who is truly chosen and anointed to preach and who is a wolf in sheep’s clothing is to look at the fruit that they are producing. If a preacher wants to be called Doctor, or boasts about his or hers education, watch out. These kinds of things are the testimonies of wolves. To find Truth look for those who say that all of those things mean nothing. Look for those who always direct you towards our Father and His power and glory working through us. Look to those who speak the Truth that, Greater Is He That Is In Us!

No comments: