Saturday, June 11, 2016

Ephesians 3:13

So I ask you not to lose heart [not to faint or become despondent through fear] at what I am suffering in your behalf. [Rather glory in it] for it is an honor to you. Ephesians 3:13

How could Paul write this when He was falsely imprisoned and when He had been beaten and left for dead? 

Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation. Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-5

There is a Truth and it is that trials and tribulations bring out the best in us. Paul asked our Father to remove him from trials and God told him no.

Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me; But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [b]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength). 2 Corinthians 12:8-10


If we want God’s perfect strength operating in our life’s, then it comes from trials. Notice that Paul was praying for the hardship to end and it didn’t. It’s not because Paul didn’t have faith, it was because it wasn’t our Father’s will. So do not ever condemn yourselves if a trial or sickness stays even though you are praying for it to go. Paul was sick, so sick that he had to stay in Philippi. We are also told that Timothy had stomach issues. There is now no condemnation for us whatsoever and our Father will bring us to actually begin to glory in trials and tribulations, because it will allow His perfect strength to be revealed to us and through us. 

No comments: