Sunday, June 19, 2016

Ephesians 4:1-3

I therefore, the prisoner for the Lord, appeal to and beg you to walk (lead a life) worthy of the [divine] calling to which you have been called [with behavior that is a credit to the summons to God’s service, Living as becomes you] with complete lowliness of mind (humility) and meekness (unselfishness, gentleness, mildness), with patience, bearing with one another and making allowances because you love one another. Be eager and strive earnestly to guard and keep the harmony and oneness of [and produced by] the Spirit in the binding power of peace. Ephesians 4:1-3

Not only have we been called by God, we have been chosen by Him. Before there was anything, anywhere, we were chosen to be used to show the world, and even the Angels, the mystery of our Father. We are the very body of Jesus. We are new creatures in Him. We are raised up with Him and He is always being greater in us than anything that is in this world. I write these things because if your experiences are anything like mine, these verses in Ephesians 4 were used to make you feel like you could fail. But the glorious Truth is that we can’t fail. We have the Holy Spirit in us and He will not allow us to ever fail, so we cannot help but to be meek, gentle, kind, patient, and helpful. 

The Truth is what sets us free and the Truth is that all things now work out for our good. The Truth is that Jesus will present us glorious and faultless at His return. The Truth is that is if there is anything at all in our life’s that would cause us to be anything other than what we have been chosen to be, our Father will prune it out. Jesus will absolutely sanctify us and His glory will always shine through us.

When I was younger, I thought that I had to do it all. The churches that I went to told me that I had to as well. So I desperately tried and salvation wasn’t any fun. But then our Father allowed me to see the Truth and I was set free from the burden of taking thought for my own life. The amazing thing was that even though I was wrong when I was younger, I was still being blessed. My errors in no way limited our Father from glorying me. He allowed me to see the Truth and now I am able to enjoy all that Jesus has done for us. The fret and worry have been replaced with confidence and trust in our Father.

Our Father doesn’t respect one of us over another, so His blessings of knowing and enjoying His Truth is for everyone. As we have studied it is for the Jew and the Gentile. It is for those that know that it is and for those who do not know. Jesus‘ sacrifice was for the world and because we are one with Him the world will come to know the Truth and we all are going to be set free. 

So rejoice, because we cannot help but to be eager to be used to bring peace to the world. We cannot help but to think of other’s above ourselves. We can’t help but to bless those who curse us, to pray for those who despitefully use us, and to feed our enemies. We were chosen to be servants and our Father’s anointing for us will not fall void to the earth.      

No comments: