Friday, October 10, 2014

Revelation 7:4-8


And [then] I heard how many were sealed (marked) out of every tribe of the sons of Israel: there were 144,000.
  • The number 144,000 represents jubilee or freedom for the people
  • So jubilee or freedom comes to the Israelites as well during the last 3 ½ years, or during the Great Tribulation
Twelve thousand were sealed (marked) out of the tribe of Judah, 12,000 of the tribe of Reuben, 12,000 of the tribe of Gad,
Twelve thousand of the tribe of Asher, 12,000 of the tribe of Naphtali, 12,000 of the tribe of Manasseh,
Twelve thousand of the tribe of Simeon, 12,000 of the tribe of Levi, 12,000 of the tribe of Issachar,
Twelve thousand of the tribe of Zebulun, 12,000 of the tribe of Joseph, 12,000 of the tribe of Benjamin.
  • When each one of these children of Israel, the twelve sons of Jacob, were born, their mothers, inspired by the Holy Spirit, spoke out a saying about them. It’s really powerful when we put together all of those sayings that were spoken for these twelve children, in the order in which they are listed here by Jesus. Here is what those sayings by their mother's proclaim:
  • Praise God, He has seen my affliction, and His good fortune has come. I am happy blessed and to be envied, for God has seen my struggle and He has caused me to forget all of it. I was despised, but now the Lord (Jesus) is my husband and companion. God has given me my hire and my marriage gift, by taken away my reproach. And now I am seated as a son at His right hand!
  • How awesome is that? I don’t know if Jesus meant for that to be tied together here, but it sure is awesome stuff!  
  • We are shown great victory here. Even though the world will be lovers of themselves, prideful, arrogant, and spiteful and all at levels we have never seen before, Jesus will still be wining souls by the millions. 
  • Keep in mind that Jesus has told us that the last days will be as in the days of Lot, Noah, and Sodom. These times were times of great prosperity and worldliness. The worldliness will be even greater during the last days. 

No comments: