Thursday, April 20, 2006

God Gives Us The Desire To Do Everything

“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put My Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in My statutes, and ye shall keep My judgments, and do them.” Ezekiel 36:26-27

Ezekiel prophesied that God would lead us in the paths of righteousness by putting His Spirit within us. King David wrote songs about it, and Jesus proclaimed it. If we are trying to have a relationship with God based on our own human abilities, we will fail! But if we through the power of the Holy Spirit look unto Jesus to Author and Finish the faith needed to fellowship with God, we will succeed! There is no debate; only God can give us the desire, the will, the strength, the ability, the faith, and the hope of true mature fellowship. So if we want it, it’s only because God is in us causing us to want it, and since He is, we have the right to just ask Him for it, and it shall be done unto us!

When I was twenty-four, God told me to read the Bible three times through. I was by no means a reader, so God really caused me to look towards Him for the strength and ability to do what it was that He had asked me to do! God is the One Who led me to look to Him; I can take no credit for it at all. By the power of the Holy Spirit that is within me, I read from Genesis to Revelation three times, and it took just a little longer than six months. I had never read like that before; there was a power within me, greater than I was, and it was God! When we pray, God is right here with us. When we need help with our jobs, God is right here with us, He is always with us! God has really revealed to me the Truth that there is nothing too great or too small for Him and that He is a part of every action of our lives! I have learned that we are never alone in anything that He has asks us to do, whether a Biblical principle or a spoken Word. We are eternally one with our Father through the power of His Anointing and it is always God within us giving us the power, the will, the ability, the desire, the finances, the faith, and the hope to do it. Our Father never gives us a directive and then leaves us alone to solely accomplish it. He can’t, were His body. Can we leave our lungs behind? God never leaves us or forsakes us! The Truth is from the very second that we are born again and empowered to make Jesus our Lord and Savior, God is involved in every area of our lives. We just grow up and realize it! “Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples.” John 15:8

No comments: