Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Ephesians 4:30-32

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [do not offend or vex or sadden Him], by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God’s own, secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through Christ from evil and the consequences of sin). Let all bitterness and indignation and wrath (passion, rage, bad temper) and resentment (anger, animosity) and quarreling (brawling, clamor, contention) and slander (evil-speaking, abusive or blasphemous language) be banished from you, with all malice (spite, ill will, or baseness of any kind). And become useful and helpful and kind to one another, tenderhearted (compassionate, understanding, loving-hearted), forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:30-32

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit. That verse was used by the Full Gospel preachers a ton when I was young. I constantly thought I was grieving Him. So I would try so hard not to and you know what, as I labored to be good, I would think that I was grieving Him all the more. I never thought that I was anywhere close to truly living the way that I was suppose to. I was constantly asking for forgiveness. I was always in doubt and to be honest I never really enjoyed my salvation when I was going to these churches. Then our Father took me out of religion and into a relationship with Him and everything changed. I finally saw that I was not grieving the Holy Spirit, I realized that He was growing me up. 

When our Father began to show me that it was His power being greater within me bitterness, indignation, and wrath began to subside. They did because I was no longer condemning myself, so the Truth allowed me to lighten up on other’s. It was a process, it didn’t happen over night, but it is far better today, as I am sure that it will be even better in the years to come as the Truth continues to set me free. 

Thus David congratulates the man and pronounces a blessing on him to whom God credits righteousness apart from the works he does: Blessed and happy and to be envied are those whose iniquities are forgiven and whose sins are covered up and completely buried. Blessed and happy and to be envied is the person of whose sin the Lord will take no account nor reckon it against him. Romans 4:6-8


As long as we believe that we have to be good enough on our own or through our own works we will always be miserable. It is only when we are allowed to see the Truth that we will be blessed and happy. And the Truth is that our Father has already credited us as righteous, regardless of what we do. Every last one of our sins has already been covered by the Blood of Jesus, so our sins will never be charged to our accounts! Don’t over think this glorious Truth, just relax in it. 

No comments: