Saturday, July 30, 2016

Ephesians 6:20

For which I am an ambassador in a coupling chain [in prison. Pray] that I may declare it boldly and courageously, as I ought to do. Ephesians 6:20

We are told repeatedly in the Word that we will be persecuted. Paul wrote that if the world was his friend then he would be an enemy of the Cross. Our peace is that our Father will cause us to actually find and enjoy peace in the persecutions that He leads us through. I can personally attest to this Truth. When our Father begins to use me in different ways persecution always comes right along with it. It is really how He shows me that it is Him working through me and our Father has given me peace with the process. I won’t say perfect peace yet, but each time, stronger peace.  

And you will be hated by all for My name's sake, but he who perseveres and endures to the end will be saved [from spiritual disease and death in the world to come]. When they persecute you in one town [that is, pursue you in a manner that would injure you and cause you to suffer because of your belief], flee to another town; for truly I tell you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes. A disciple is not above his teacher, nor is a servant or slave above his master. It is sufficient for the disciple to be like his teacher, and the servant or slave like his master. If they have called the Master of the house Beelzebub [master of the dwelling], how much more will they speak evil of those of His household. Matthew 10:22-25

I would be lying to you if I said that I wanted the persecution and the trials, but I should, because they always come with a growth spurt. Trials and persecutions are just part of the process of life on this earth. Our Father is not bringing them on as punishment, He is bringing them on because it is His will to grow us in ways that only going through trials can. 

Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance. And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation. Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us. Romans 5:3-4

There is no way to avoid persecution and trials. We cannot tithe them away, pray them away, bind them away, or serve them away. Actually the more our Father has us live in the Truth the more the trials will come. So we might as well expect them and rejoice when they come, because they are going to come.

Three times I called upon the Lord and besought [Him] about this and begged that it might depart from me; But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [a]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful in divine strength). 2 Corinthians 12-8-10


No comments: