Sunday, January 25, 2015

Revelation 21:9-11


9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven final plagues (afflictions, calamities) came and spoke to me. He said, Come with me! I will show you the bride, the Lamb’s wife.
  • Because we are members (parts) of His body. For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother and shall be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is very great, but I speak concerning [the relation of] Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:30-32
  • I have heard it preached that the New Jerusalem is the Bride. I will be honest I have a hard time believing that when our Father makes all things new that there will be a physical city where we dwell, because that's how we live now and all things are new. So the City may very well be a parable describing the Bride of Christ.
  • I do not believe that we will be given a physical mansion to live in as people say John 14:2 teaches us. If we are to be just like Jesus when He returns, as 1 John 3:2 teaches us, ask yourself this: does Jesus have a mansion that He lives in? Does Jesus need a physical dwelling place? I think John 14 is a spiritual thing that means that we dwell in a large place, or we dwell everywhere just as Jesus does. I believe that we will dwell in the hearts, minds, and souls of mankind just as Jesus does. I believe that we will be interacting with all just as Jesus interacts with all and I do not believe that there are going to be a bunch of physical mansions for us. 
  • I could be wrong, but I think that what our Father has for us is far greater then the worldly physical things that we are told to avoid now.
  • There may be a physical city our guest can come to, but that is the kind of thing that people do now. So I tend to believe that the New Jerusalem is a spiritual thing that is described to us in physical terms. It may be the Bride or just the power and glory of our Father.    
10 Then in the Spirit He conveyed me away to a vast and lofty mountain and exhibited to me the holy (hallowed, consecrated) city of Jerusalem descending out of heaven from God.
11 Clothed in God’s glory [in all its splendor and radiance]. The luster of it resembled a rare and most precious jewel, like jasper, shining clear as crystal.
  • The city will have our Fathers glory in it. It will be a great place, but our Father’s glory transcends a physical place, our Father’s glory is everywhere, all of the time, and when He returns it will be with all men. 
  • Jasper has several colors in it. Jesus sacrifice has allowed people from every tribe, tongue, and nation to be His Bride and the city, or God’s glory, will allow all people, wherever they came from to enter it and experience it. 
  • The New Jerusalem is also crystal clear. There will be nothing hidden any more. Our Father would that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the Truth. 
  • Who wishes all men to be saved and [increasingly] to perceive and recognize and discern and know precisely and correctly the [divine] Truth. 1Timothy 2:4
  • Take note! I will make those of the synagogue of Satan who say they are Jews and are not, but lie—behold, I will make them come and bow down before your feet and learn and acknowledge that I have loved you. Revelation 3:9
  • Here we are shown that all nations and all peoples will be enlightened when our Father makes all things new. Here is where all will come to know the Truth and the Truth will set them free.
  • And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. John 8:32
  • I have always been taught that this New City is a physical thing. We would sing just build my mansion, just over that hill side, but I think it is going to be far different then what I was ever taught.  

No comments: